- The Time Party would scrap the vanity project HS2 and spend its estimated cost of some £100bn on upgrading existing rail infrastructure, renewing signalling and returning to service decomissioned track wherever that might be commercially viable and structurally possible.
- The Time Party will boost investment in road, rail and air infrastructure.
- Maintain the CrossRail 1 & 2 programmes.
- Encourage the expansion of Gatwick, Manchester, Luton, Birmingham, Stansted and other airports. We will review the proposal for a new six runway hub airport near London.
- Widen motorways wherever possible and revisit the original two-tier design of the M25 at its pressure points.
- Encourage rail freight.
- Review inland waterway canal transport.
- Review routes with tolls to assess the viability of reducing charges.
- Scrap electric car subsidies.
- Scrap EU-CPC driver examinations.
- Ensure the installation of electric vehicle charging points to meet demand.
- Review government support for driverless cars. Check feasibility of use in the UK before any commitment to infrastrusture spending.
- Enthusiastically promote ‘Park & Ride’ schemes for urban areas.
The Time Party has developed a proposal for the future of the UK’s public transport system. Please find it within the library or here.